BA Arabic and Persian Student
Growing up in Cheshire, I was always intruiged by languages and music. I was a dedicated cellist, working with the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain 2016-2018. I studied for A Levels at the Purcell School for Young Musicians whilst still pursuing composition and cello.
In 2019, I gained an Academic Excellence Scholarship to study Arabic and Persian at SOAS, University of London. Since starting my degree, I have become invovled in a diverse range of activites, including setting up an inclusive Student Christian Movement group in London, student journalism, volunteering with the homeless, and radio production. I am always looking for new opportunities and would like to explore gaining experience in policy, politics, and running campaigns.
Organisations I work with
- SOAS Radio – I assist with producing and editing audio content.
- SOAS Spirit – I am the international news section editor.
- Rhythms of life – I volunteer with food distribution.
- St John’s Waterloo – I am on the editing comittee of the parish magazine.
- Waterloo Festival – I curated a series of art blog posts for the 2020 online festival.
- Youth Stop AIDS – I am the group leader for the SOAS campaign group.
- Student Christian Movement – I organise the weekly Theology Thursday and lead the London group.